Thursday 18 July 2019

Merotan @ canning

Lately I read quite a number of news or comment on soc med regarding canning, particularly in public school.

I am from the canning generation & news on canning students will not get on the headline in the news during my time. It is a norm. Most of our teacher has rotan and they make it clear that they will not hesitate to rotan us if we misbehaviour. And being rotan by your parent during that time doesn't raise an eyelid. Oh yes, we are scare of our parents as well as our teachers but we are not terrified of them.

But fast forward to today, 'jentik' a little bit you will get yourself on the front page of the news. No need rotan, teacher asking student to write a thousand sentence saying they are sorry for what they did also the parent already say.."see you in court!" hahahha...

But you know, these parents are not so much older than I am, which mean we grew up in the same era. And they turn out to be a law abiding citizen with a proper job. But why anak haram jadah takder discipline??? Hhahaha...Is it me or you see it too that the attitude of our young generation is deteriorating as day goes by, as if the term 'respect' is nothing but a speck of dust that you can just blow away. Blame it on gadget, Internet, education system what-so-ever, I still believe it all goes back to UPBRINGING. Are we so blind to see it or are we just being denial?

I do not condone the act of canning nor I am against it. I believe in certain situation it is necessary but in some, it is unnecessary. It should be the last thing to do if other intervention fail.

1 comment:

  1. When you get a rotan in school, don't expect your parents to be sorry at home. You will get more kan.

    And we are still alive until today kan?

    ReplyDelete