Monday 2 May 2011

Phuket

Finally, this year I manage to pay a visit to one of my favorite country, Land of Smile. Last year I didn't manage to go there because of my hectic schedule but this year, I am so determine that if I have the chance, I will come back. This time, I went to Phuket with one of my gf. She is a frequent visitor of Phuket but as for me, this is my first visit to the island. I didn't even know about the flood in the northern part of Thailand at that time until my hubby mentioned it to me. Was a bit worry in case 'Kak Su' (tsunami) will come while I am there  since there is a history of that happen and my natural fear of water (don't ask me why but I was born with the fear of drowning). But I refuse to let the news to dampen my spirit so I pack my back & headed to the airport at 4am!

We were greeted by heavy rain when we landed in Phuket airport & we both a bit worry that it will be raining the whole time we are there. The owner of the guest house where we stay, was already waiting for us at the arrival hall with a huge cardboard with my name on it.Hehehhe....Had a good chat with him along the way from Phket airport to Karon Beach, where we will stay for the first 3days.
After checking in & put our back in the room, we headed to the local town and also check out the beach. It was a cloudy evening in Karon that day but never stop anyone from hanging out at the beach and that include us!heheheh...for the next 3 days we just hanging out, did some shopping, did a serious eating all those spicy food & a damn serious spa activities.I did a lot of relaxation though during the first night there, I did manage to spend some time to finish some unfinished work of mine because I brought it with me. Well...that is just my life  for now because I just can't leave it at home and at the same time, I still want to travel. I guess, I just have to do both a a time.
 On the third day, we move to Patong but personally, I wish we stay on in Karon because it is much quieter and relax there. But at least I experience both area & know which one I will prefer the next time I go there (if ever). On our last day in Phuket, I did two of the activity that I always wanted to do for a very long time. Shooting...
and...an ATV ride! Yeahhhh..wish I can spend more time with both activity but it was definitely not within the budget as for now but there will be a next time. I left Phuket after 5 days and it was good to go away sometimes and relax a bit, away from my work (though not totally) and just hang out at the beach every single day! So I end up my day in Phuket, watching the sunset at the beach while listening to the sweet sound of the wave and the calm sea breeze on my face. Looking at the sun setting in while quietly sitting at the beach always give me the serenity & tranquility I always needed in this busy and hectic life of mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment