Thursday 6 September 2012

Malacca trip

Every year, I invite my parents to come to KL to stay with me. It is much easier since I moved into my own place. At least they can sleep in a proper guest room rather than sleeping in the hall like they used to when they visited me when I was still renting with my brother & another friend.

So, one day I decided they should come & I bought them their ticket & off they go for a 2 weeks vacation in KL. Well, not that they never come down to KL, in fact, they been to KL or other part of the peninsular so many times. Just that now my dad has retired and my mom busy taking care of my old grandma, I think they do need some time off & leave Kuching. This time, we do not plan to go for getaway because two of my nephews will be having their national exam (UPSR & PMR) so my sister banned any vacation until October.Hehheh..

But we decided to go to Malacca & just walk around. Since, it's the nearest to KL and my sister has a place in PD, where we plan to stay the night. We reach Malacca quite late because we need to wait for my nephew to finish his extra class & we need to drop by at my sister's place in PD to leave all the stuff in the car, and we decided to use the old road instead of the highway...brilliant! We thought that we can cut short the journey but instead, I think it's longer!!!

Finally, after driving so long and hearing my niece..are we there yet? Is this Malacca? (she never been to Malacca)..Where is the place? etc...etc..we finally reach Malacca. Got our parking & we're off to the Taming Sari Tower. Great! My mom is not so keen on going for a ride/tour to a high tower but we manage to convince here that the ride will be only for 10min (and yet we paid Rm20 for it..per person okkk).. All because the kids want to go for it.

Eagerly waiting for our turn to jump into the tower although my mom was not so eager to do so.Hhehhe..
 Ok...all smile. Look at my mom..forcing herself to smile.Hahha..
We're going up...
 Of course, I took a picture of myself..smiling..because the inside the tower, it has air condition! It was hot in Malacca that day. In fact, I feel that Malacca is always hot!
 This is the shop lots just opposite the Pahlawan Square.
 I believe this is the up coming new township in Malacca town.
 Pahlawan Square from above. When I first came here 20 years ago, this is just an open field where you can enjoy a bull's ride.
New hotel in front of the Maritime Museum.
 There are always a lot of visitor coming down to Malacca during the weekend. I guess because it's the nearest to KL besides N.9. And there are more things to see and do in Malacca compare to N.9 anyway.
 Just below the ship (Maritime Museum) there are abundance of eating place. This is the river bank project that the state was working on when I was here last time with my in law. During that time, the whole river bank was still on construction.
 Up we go to the museum. Luckily it was cheap, Rm3 per person and RM1 for kid. Again, thank God for air conditioning.Hehhe...I just don't feel like going our from the ship.Hheheh
 This is the new hotel near the river bank, Casa del Rosa (if I am not mistaken, that is the name). Look very nice though. I am thinking of spending the night here one of these days.:)
 Now, the river front is very pretty.
 You can get on the river tour if you like.
This is the main reason we come here, to go to Jongker Street! It was just after CNY so that why the dragon is still there.hahahah...
 Lok-Lok...ahh.. I miss this.
 Jongker Street is always busy! So crowded that you literally brushed your body among each other. Actually, I was searching for one part of Jongker St. that sell lots of this old chinese's biscuit that we used to eat when we were little kid. But I can't seem to find it. I bumped into it when I was here with my in law. One day I shall return & investigate. Then I will bring my sister again.Hehhhe
 After such a long journey (not due to the distant but the travelling) & not forgetting the hot & humid weather, I still manage to smile for the camera. At least I look decent still..heheh
 Found this place and we just sit & order. The food was not great & the service was slow but the kids were hungry so what the heck!
Look at her face..with her hair all over her face..hehe..she's very tired & hungry..So, after dinner, we went back home to PD. Manage to grab some night market's foods and did bought some nyonya biscuits. We reach my sister's place at 11pm. Tired & hungry, we took shower, took our dinner & sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment