Saturday 15 March 2014

Chocolate Nutty Brownie

It has been a while since I baked brownie. There are lots of leftover nuts in the pantry so I thought I need to use it before it get too old. Right after breakfast, I took out all the ingredients and start baking as I plan to clean the window today since it is not raining. But the wind is quite strong today so yes..I was freezing cold while cleaning the window. Nevertheless, I manage to clean all of it & now my window is crystal clear!

Anyway, I am not going to talk about window here but my brownie! Hehhe….So..you need..NUTS..I used hazelnut, almond and cashew nuts. And adding a little bit of almond flakes. I do not measure how much nuts I put inside the mixture..just according to my desire. :)

Then you need chocolate (I used entirely dark chocolate). If you do not have any chocolate bar, dark chocolate chips or button will do..just like what I have here.

 Then, some white chocolate (chopped) or you can used white chocolate chips.

 Flour and salt...

Sugar & eggs….

And butter..

First, melt the butter in a small pot under a slow heat..



Then add in the dark chocolate …


Continue on stirring the mixture until there is no more chunky chocolate & all is melted..



In another mixing bowl..beat the eggs and sugar in a mixing bowl…



...then add vanilla extract..Beat until all are mix well.



Skipped the hand mixer & used a spatula to mix the flour & salt into the egg & sugar mixture..



 Then add the chocolate mixer & continue on mixing until it look like this..


 Next, add the chopped nuts..


And finally the almond flakes..



So, when the batter is ready..take out the brownie tray. I saw this tray in one of the kitchenette store somewhere last year & since it was on sale..I told myself..why not..hahah..well, of course you do not need to bake brownie using this tray as any baking tray will do. What I like about this brownie tray is that it already come with a cutter of its own. :)




Line the tray with baking paper & pour the brownie mixture..


Then take the cutter/divider (you can called it either or whatever you like..hehehe)..


And place it inside the tray that contain the brownie mixture..


Bake the brownie in a 200C temperature for 20 minutes, and your kitchen will smell of baked chocolate..yummy! Remember to pre-heat the oven at 150C. Only when you start baking the brownie that you increase the temperature. This allow the oven temperature to increase gradually. I found that cake bake better when you do this.

So, now you have your brownies..

I love using this brownie tray because it easy to take the brownie out from the tray & I don't need to cut it into squares. Enjoy your chocolate nutty brownie!



Ingredients:
  • 200gm butter
  • 200gm dark chocolate
  • 125gm flour
  • 200gm sugar
  • 3 eggs
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 100gm white chocolate chips
  • nuts of your choice
  • almond flakes (optional)
ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment