Monday 3 March 2014

Hokkaido Milk Loaf

Bread is an essential food in my household. We basically eat it everyday. If I am very lazy..or my arms just too tired, I will go to the nearest bakery and get some. Mind you..I do not used any bread maker or kitchen helper to mix my dough as I prefer to use my bare hands, and believe me, kneading a dough really give you a toned arms! 

I made bread several times before so this time I thought of trying a new kind of bread. I heard about it quite a lot so curiosity get the best of me. This time, I decided to give it a try.

As in any bread recipe, you need flour, yeast, milk, sugar, salt, egg and whipping cream ( I never use whipping cream when baking my bread previously so this is new for me). The original recipe of this loaf, which I took from Rasamalaysia.com required you to add powder milk as well but since I do not have any in my house, I decided to skip that one. 

Mix every ingredients in one mixing bowl & knead it all together until it become one smooth and elastic dough. Then leave the dough for an hour until it double it size. 
After an hour, divided the dough into two and roll each dough flat, into a rectangular shape. Then roll the rectangular shape dough just like when you're making a swiss roll. 





Take out your bread tray and place both of the roll dough inside the tray (place it side by side). Ok..when you roll it, start at the shorter end or the width. If you start at the longer end/length..it end up like mind. Over panjang for my bread tray!! Hahah..

Leave it for 45 to 60 minutes until it double it size or at least 3/4 of the bread tray.



Look very 'fat' and 'sendat' my dough inside this bread tray kan? hahah…I guess next time, I will put just one dough in each tray unless I get a bigger bread tray!


Baked the bread for 40 minutes in a 190C temperature and there you go!! U can have a nice, oven hot & freshly bake bread for you and your family.:)


You see that 'horn'?? That is because my dough is very long as you can see in the previous picture. So, next time I remember which side to roll when I roll the dough. Takder la rupa cam tandok tu. Hehhehe...

For the ingredients;

  • 21/2 cups of flour
  • 100ml of whipping/heavy cream
  • 125ml of milk
  • 1 large egg
  • 2 tbsp of fine sugar
  • 2 tsp of dry yeast
  • 1/4 tsp of salt
The verdict: Yes! The bread is indeed very soft. I guess if you have powder milk, it might give you milkier taste (for those who want to use it, just add 1-2tbsp). 

No comments:

Post a Comment