Friday 3 August 2012

Three in 1

I always love to entertain people because I enjoy arranging the dinner, preparing the door gift, planning the menu & the decoration. I do believe most of my girlfriends do love to hangout at my place. So, one day I decided that we should celebrate wedding anniversary, baby shower & birthday all at one at my place.

I always go for potluck dinner so that no one is burden with all the cooking task and as usual, I take care of the dessert. Days before, I did the planning & what need to buy for the decoration as well for the dessert & gifts. We decided that we going to surprise Hellen with a baby shower. She has no idea that we are making a baby shower for her that night. All we told her is that we just going to have a potluck gathering since it been ages we last saw her. On the morning of the dinner, Jul came over and help me with the balloon & ribbons.


 I order these helium balloons for her with a picture of a duckling. In fact, everyone do love this balloon.
We hang a banner & more balloons.
 Jul bought this one from the party store. It kindda cute & actually you can do it yourself. My sister just did it although I didn't ask her how.
Yes, more balloons. I feel like living in a nursery for the coming few days. I was planning to release the air from the balloons but it hurt my finger each time I need to open it.
 Early in the morning, I received a large bouquet of red roses from my hubby. The night when we decided to have the party is exactly the day when we got married, 5 years ago. He always send me red roses on our anniversary no matter which part of the world I am at that day.
And got myself an anniversary helium balloon. I saw this balloon at the party store & I just have to have it. It is still in my house until today although the air might be lesser and lesser now.:)
 Made sweet and salty peanuts chocolate mix as the party favor. It was not so hard to do. I always make simple but yet delicious favor. So that my guest can still enjoy my baking even after they all went home.
All my guests always have party favor and the big one is for the mummy to be.
 Yau came and brought a gift for my anniversary. At first I thought the flowers were fake. Hehehe...sorry..
Since we going to have 3 celebration at one, so, I need to make a birthday cake. I made this cake for the birthday girl because she love carrot cake. Well, it was not her birthday yet but no harm in celebrating it early.
So, table is set & we open up a bottle of Moet & Chadon champagne and make a toast. WE all wish good health, happiness and success to each other.
Nanie order this special cupcake for Hellen. It's very yummy and tasty. Not to mentioned how cute the cupcake design.
 The foods are all on the table and so are the guests. Everyone is eagerly waiting to eat all the delicious foods.
Even I got a surprise that night. Hahahha...the girls surprise me with Baskin & Robbin ice cream cake for my anniversary. This is the reason why I love my friends!
Not only that, they get me a lingerie! Hahhaha...
 The girls decided to share and bought Hellen a baby stroller. She was very happy because now she don't need to think about which stroller to get. Both of us have a hard time to fold that thing the morning after. We look rather stupid twisting & turning the stroller in every possible direction until we finally fine out how to do it.
I bought her a baby cot. I believe she will need to have a proper baby cot which she can use for her subsequent babies. Hahhaha..


Overall, it was a great nice. We did a lot of catching up with each other life. We have no idea when we can come together and have such gathering again in the future. I am sure will miss this bunch of people once I am finally moving to Denmark.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome deco, Yummylicious food, great company... what else could one ask for :) Great job for being a "string" - latching people together with all these gatherings :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. tengkiu2. biasa la aku kan Nokia, connecting people.

    ReplyDelete