Friday 10 August 2012

Choices

Everyone has to make a choice in their life & I do believe everyone has a choice regardless what are the choices. Not making decision and just follow the flow is a choice in itself. I was having a conversation with a friend one day and we happen to have a topic of choice.

Now this person think that kids are not given any choice when it comes to making choices but I do believe that they actually do have a choice. Now I am not talking about anyone below 11 years old here but beyond that age. From my years of observation, kids are not all innocent and stupid but they are rather smart and can be very manipulative at times. I do not give any excused nor will I make any excuses for bad behaviour because God has provide us with a sound mind to think. Well, unless you are mentally retard than I think you can have a little credit for that or what I would say, close one eye.

Research shown that children grew up with a depress or alcoholic's parents are tend to be depress or becoming alcoholic themselves when they grow up but it also can be the other way around. They are prone to such living style but it is not genetically connected, which means they do have a choice. This is not like having a Huntington disease where it is transferable genetically. I have quite a number of friends that I know personally, who grew up in a broken family or parents who are alcoholic but they turn out just fine, in fact, even better than their own parents has ever been. These group of friends told me once, they made a choice not to succumb to the same way of living, which they hate so much and vow to be different. And they did, superbly.

You see, we have a choice whether we want to admit it or not. Unless you were born with some sort of genetic diseases that will be different story all together. But nowadays, there are some medical technology that enable parents to avoid the birth of a genetically sick child but that is a matter of their personal choice. Again...choices are available. Regardless good or not, ethical or not, right or wrong...it still is a choice.

Conclusively, I am a firm believer that everyone has a choice. There is no such thing as no choice.


No comments:

Post a Comment