Saturday 25 August 2012

Danish summer

It seem that this year are going to be a wet summer in Denmark. There are more rainy days than sunny days this summer. The sun was high up at 5am until 930pm for the past 3wks and I really enjoy it. But it mess up my sleep because as soon as the room is bright, my eyes cant seem to sleep anymore. For the past few days after I arrived here, I constantly woke up just before 6am because out bedroom is so bright when it's not even 6am! This is the down side of having a total blackout curtain in my room in KL. The room remain dark even when it is 12 noon!

During the good day, I did a lot of outdoor activity related to the house as this is the only time that most people renovate their house or do some painting or weeding or even gardening. I manage to get myself tanned because even when the sun is right at the top of your head, you just don't feel hot at all. Well, I do sweat but not like when I am in KL. That is the advantage of a hot & dry climate. But the down side is that the next thing you know, you're DARK! Well, nothing much I can do about that now.:)

Soon, the daylight will get shorter & the temperature will drop because autumn will be here. That is the starting of all the gloomy and cold weather, and I expect it to have lots of rain too. This is the time that people started to hibernate in their home including me. But I won't be experiencing the autumn so much this year because I'll be in KL during that time, busy preparing for my pre-viva & thesis submission, and entertaining my friends! The next time I am here, it will be winter. I have no idea how cold the winter will be this year but no matter what this year will be a great winter because my parents & sister, and her kids will be here! YES! At least some part of my family will be here to celebrate Christmas with me.:) NICE!

No comments:

Post a Comment