Friday 17 August 2012

Vietnamese Chinese Restaurant

We went our for dinner today. So that is great for me because I have a day off from cooking. Cooking everyday sometimes reaching a point where I have no idea what else to cook. Once in a while, dining out will be great.

Tonight, we want to join the crowd and rush to the newest chinese restaurant in Saeby. The price was not so bad. Introductory price for adult is 99DKK and 45DKK for children below 12 yrs old. Chinese restaurant in Denmark in general love to serve buffet dinner. When we reach the restaurant, it was 530pm & the table are almost full. The opening is from 5pm to 8pm. So, see people here don't normally eat out and if they do, it be until 8pm because during that time, most shops and restaurants are close. Only bar/pubs are open. 

We sat near a group of Swedish family and my gosh, the place is full of kids that make lots and lots of noise!! People always said that Asian like to breed, well, what do you know, so is Danish! Some, even have 4 kids! In current situation, 3 kids is already considered to be too much! Besides, the noises, the foods they serve is OK. Well, nothing compare to Malaysian chinese foods but it's bearable for Danish standard. Not that they know the different between a modified and an original taste of chinese foods anyway. 

I had little bit of here and there..some fried rice, fried noodle, chicken wings, spare rib (which I honestly think, mine is way better!), beef stew, spring roll (very obvious that it's  the frozen one), fried squid and mix vege with shrimp. And I had ice cream too as the dessert. I am not actually a person that someone should bring to a buffet dinner because I don't actually eat a lot. But I do like to take bits and pieces from different kind of dish, just to taste how it is.

The waiter/co-owner was speaking Vietnamese with me as she clear the table, which I am not surprise because in Denmark, the Vietnamese is the largest group of Asia migrated here years and years ago. I just wish they serve authentic Vietnamese cuisine because besides Thai foods, Vietnamese food is my next favorite foods to eat.

Well, overall, it was not so bad though I wish it can be better. One thing that I want to see here in Saeby is Chinese groceries store that sell authentic Chinese ingredients. I am yet to found one. If there is one, then it be easier for me to find Asian ingredient the next time I plan to cook Asian for myself & my hubby or when I invite my in law to come for dinner because they also love Asian food. So, far they have taste the authentic one since yours truly is the one who cook it.:)

Let see, whether I can dine at the Thai restaurant I saw in Fredrikshavn.:) See whether they really serve real Thai food or the modification Thai food to suit the local taste bud.

No comments:

Post a Comment