Friday 3 August 2012

HUbby turn 40!

Last month my hubby turn 40 years old. We had a party for him & invited close friends and relatives. We held the party at our own home. We have one room that used to be part of the barn but renovated into a function room where we can do party without me having a stressful moment having lots of people in the house and feeling depress after seeing all the mess.
 Previously the place was full of stuff. When we stay abroad, the place was used as storage room. But now, all things has been clear up & re-arrange. What is not useful anymore, has been given to the boiler. I think this room can accomodate up to 40 people at one time. There are Dj corner & bar too.
 The Dj corner. The selection is not bad because most of the record or cd are from the 80s or early 90s era. My kind of music. Wish I can find some Malaysian group black record and bring it here. It be nice to listen to it & think of the good old day when things are left complicated & complex.Hehheh
There is a bar as well although not your typical design of a bar. But nevertheless, there are variety of liquor that you can choose. After we set the table, I add up with few flowers to make the ambience lively and as if we are eating in a restaurant.
Most of the foods are prepared by us with the help from my in law. Only the main dish, which is half a pork was order from someone else but hubby need to do the cutting himself because it quite pricy to hired someone just to slice the pork!!
 So, hubby has to do it himself. And gosh it is yummyyy...
 Table for appertizer, salad, nuts, dressing among others.
 Guest are busy entertaining themselves with each other or with the food. There are 30 people being invited and I think 20+ came. They all enjoy the foods & drinks. Free flow of beer and liquor as well. The last group of guest leave at 130am & I am ready in bed by 1130pm. Hahha
 Mr piggy that was slaughtered that day. And it was delicious!
 As usual, I almost every year I will bake my husband's birthday cake. When I have the time, I will always bake his birthday cake & it is always special every year. This year it is extra special because it's his 40th birthday. So, I decided to bake a 2 tier rainbow cake using fondant. I have to personally brought the fondant from M'sia, which I am glad that I did because it is not so easy to find and if you do find it, it is sell in a 250gm pack, with a price tag equivalent to 1kg that I bought in KL. I also decided to try doing picture cake for his birthday so I have the picture printed earlier in KL and brought it here. The cake was a great FINALE for the party because everyone just in awe! Not only it look good, it also taste good!

At the end of the day, everyone is happy and gone back with belly full of foods and drinks. Happy Birthday Honey!

No comments:

Post a Comment