Wednesday 8 August 2012

Gawai 2012

Gawai is here again. This year, I decided to go back to Kuching and take a break from KL for 2weeks. This year, we decided to celebrate Gawai at two places, Taee & Engkudu. First, we go to Taee in Serian, my mum's hometown. Originally, my brother and I plan to join the village folks to celebrate Gawai eve at the community hall but due to unfortunate event, we can't go. But we still go back to Taee anyway because we plan to depart for Saratok from there. Cut the journey by 1hr.:)

The weather was hot in June and as usual, when there is celebration, there is water disruption. I swear that these people purposely disrupt it because it can't be coincident if it happen every year right? So, my bro and me decided, it's time to pay the river a visit! Heheh...well..well..what do you know, even the river has no water!!!! Whattt???? So, we just have to satisfied with rain water that my parents collect in the huge water drum. Sigh...after taking shower me, my bro, mom & dad when to my grandma's house to have Gawai eve dinner. WE ate our hear out & decided to take a look at the show at the community hall that we miss.

OK..we didn't miss much. It's kindda boring. So, we went back to the farm house early that day because we have a long journey the next morning. We left Taee at 9am. With so many people on the road, we can't go faster, therefore, we take our own sweet time. We reach Engkudu to my aunt surprise on 1st June, 2012 at 330pm. She though we will come the next day.hahaha...my bro purposely don't call her so we can surprise her & she was surprised indeed.

I need to cook dinner for now, I will share with you what happen in Engkudu during our 3 nights stay.

No comments:

Post a Comment