Friday 31 August 2012

Lonely is the nights

I have no problem being alone or staying alone at home because that is how my life is back in KL. But here..now that is really testing my 'braveness'..hahaha

The moment my hubby told me that he had to go for ship inspection in Paris, I just got the feeling that I won't be going along. Normally, when he went travelling to inspect his ship..well his company's ship by right but since he is the one in charge of building it from scratch, the ship is literally 'his'.hehehe...Anyway, if he go for ship inspection elsewhere, I normally tag along. That was how I end up in Germany & Holland last year. This is it's PARIS! I really want to go but it was just a one night trip so he decided that I shouldn't tag along because he be on board the ship until midnight. And there is a high possibility that he might sleep on board together with the crew. So...errr...ok, I rather be sleeping in my own bed.

So, few days before he fly to Paris, I am also so anxious and nervous. My mind just can't stop thinking, how am I going to survive this. Very stressful event  indeed.hahaha...

Well, you guys need to understand that all my life, I have always live in a house with gate, grills all over the doors & windows (even our toilet window have grills ok..) and dogs as well. My parent's place in the country side (kpg) have 10 dogs!!! Or when I am in KL, I have 4 security guards to watch over my place when I am asleep. But this place...I have none of that!!! It's like an open air market...hahaha...Man..I keep thinking, how can I sleep in peace without all four majors of security aspects??? Tapi, being me...I berlagak macho...buat donno & tell myself..come down..I'll be ok. My only consolation is that my sister in Texas also have to be alone almost all the time when her hubby's travel. She's ok so I must be ok.:)...menenangkan jiwa katakan

So, the first night, I make sure all the windows & doors are lock and that including my bedroom window. Have the torchlight with me, all my phones inside the room, my laptop, ipod and some 'weapon'. Took my travelling pill, which literally knocked me to sleep within the next 2hrs. Hahaha..I slept listening to Suria FM. I found that the house is too quiet for my liking so a little bit of music will be just nice. 

Woke up at 2am because the bedside lamp light is still on & I can't sleep with light on. So, turn it off. Found that I am a bit sweaty due to no air circulation but I don't care. Not going to look outside the window while I am opening it. Little bit of sweat is healthy right?? Hheheh...

Finally, I slept soundly and woke up at 650am. Am I relieved the I survive the night alone & looking forward for hubby to come home. Just when I am excited thinking about not spending the night alone again, I received a phone call that I just hate to receive. He told me that he is stuck at Paris's airport because Amsterdam's airport had to be temporary shutdown due to some 'bomb' incident. DAMN! Just what I need! Somehow, I got the feeling that this will happen. Damn it!

But since I am writing this, glad to say, I also survived the second night. I did what I did on the first night, took a sleeping pill! Hahhaha...I know I will be ok the next time I'll be alone here (not too soon I hope). I just have to get use to it, just like I am use to be alone in our condo in KL. 

The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment