Sunday 12 August 2012

Monster cake

Baking is always been my passion. I love to bake. I search for reason to bake cakes/biscuits especially the one that I never bake before. So, today I bake a chocolate cake with vanilla butter cream icing, and I made a monster face on it. Well..I don't really see the monster but the 'owner' of the cake is satisfied so I guess it's ok.:) Since she herself draft the monster face on the cake before I do the frosting according to her design. I told her to use fondant to do the design and that fondant is also my lining for the monster.

Ok..all my ingredient is ready. My Kenwood is out & I am ready to bake! I love to use my Kenwood Kitchen helper because it really is a helper! I do not have to worry thinking about the batter flying here & there when I use the normal hand mixer. But I have to admit, when the batter is not so much, hand mixer is the best.
 I always use brown sugar instead of white so that my cake won't be so sweet. I try to make sure that my cake is 'reasonably sweet'. Main reason why my brother only like me to bake cake for him.
 And I seldom use cocoa powder unless I can find Hershey brand. So almost all my chocolate cake are either using real chocolate that you & I normally eat (dark or milk chocolate) or I use baking cake. So, my chocolate cake really have the real chocolaty taste to it.
 My baking tray is all doll up.:)...I have lots of these, thanks to my MIL who always buy it for me when it's on sales because she know I love to bake. I am yet to have a square baking tray. I think I need to put that in my birthday or Christmas list this year.:p
 This I bought in KL and brought here. Luckily I did that because it is very hard to find here in Denmark & even if I find it, it is damn expensive. This is because most cake here used marzipan, which is abundance and cheaper. But not everyone like the taste of marzipan/almond paste.
Now my batter is in the oven. The whole kitchen now smell like chocolate cake. Yummy! Love that when I cook, the smell of something baking.
 I cut it into a square shape & place it on aluminum foil on top of a plate. So, it be easier for me to transfer it later.
 I used my hand mixer for the icing because I won't be making so much of it. Easier to use this.
Here it is! Ok..nothing like sesame st. character but the 'owner' of the cake is very happy & satisfied because does look like the monster that she want. And she approve that it will be the best cake tomorrow in school!

No comments:

Post a Comment