Thursday 13 March 2014

Very moist lemon pound cake

I have two lemons in the fridge & I do not want it to be wasted away so what else to do…let's bake a lemon cake! I love the sweet & sour taste of the cake and the smell of lemon baking in the oven. It is very aromatic! Furthermore, it is easy to bake..no hassle..no 'weird' ingredients so anyone can do it and it is very tasty!

First, prepare the lemon zest. Normally in any recipe, it used 1-2tsp of lemon zest but I normally will not follow. Hahha..I will use as much lemon zest as I like because it not only give you the lemony taste but lemony smell as well. For this cake today, I grated 2 lemon & used all the zest I have here…

Then the two lemon is slice & extract the juice. You will need it later.
Then in a mixing bowl, beat sugar, butter and oil together. 



When the mixture is pale yellow in color, add the egg one at a time. Next, add the flour….



 & milk….



 ….into the mixture alternatively (flour-milk-flour-milk-flour). Remember, start with adding the flour & ending with the flour. 
Then add the lemon juice that we extract just now into the mixture. And finally, we add in the lemon zest!

Mix all together and pour into a rectangular cake tray. I do not know why but whenever I bake lemon cake, I always use the rectangular tray…hehe


Bake the cake for 45 minutes to 1hour in a 170C temperature. Make sure the cake is well bake by inserting a toothpick or chopstick into the cake. If there is no residue on the stick, that mean the cake is bake!


You can either drizzle it with icing sugar or let it be plain like this. I prefer to eat it just as it is! Hubby said..it taste like what his grandma always did. Bangga2!!

Ingredients:

  • 1 cup of butter, soften
  • 1/4 cup of vegetable oil
  • 21/2 cup of sugar
  • 5 eggs 
  • 3 all purpose flour
  • 1 cup of milk
  • 3 tsp of lemon juice
  • 2 lemon (for lemon zest)
Here's my piece..opss..ada yang dah hilang …masuk dalam perut. huhuh…


No comments:

Post a Comment