Monday 5 December 2011

Writing

Writing can be damn hard sometimes, especially when you are doing academic writing. I can easily write anything but when it come to academic writing, man that is hard. You can't simply use the normal English language that I normally use when writing my blog or email because it just has to be the right wording to actually represent my so call intellectual thought and provide a solid argument for my findings.

On good days, I can write 5-10 pages a day. Helloo...this is a thesis writing so that much is actually an accomplishment (at least to me as I write every single day). And when this happen, I am so happy & fill very productive. Unfortunately, I do experience bad day as well where I can only write a maximum of 5 pages!! When it happen, I really feel that I wasted too much time with very little results and very disappointed with myself although I knowing I had tried my best. Writing also depending on your mood swing which explain why most writer prefer to be isolated when they are writing a book. Now I know..

Some people won't understand what actually I do looking at the laptop for few hours everyday for every single day since I'm doing my PhD. Well, all I can say is that, you experience it first before making nasty comment about it. It is not easy that is for sure. You do get frustrated sometimes when the ideas are not there or when you have it in your head but the words just won't come out. I have to admit, sometimes when I am lack of idea or when my head just feel heavy with thought,  I swear that I'm about to go mental!

But I am taking my time now to complete my 2nd draft as the 1st one received a nasty comment so I vow to have this 2nd one better, and 100% improve. But I won't want to take my own sweet time as I plan to graduate next year (though it is 1 yrs later than I originally plan). But hey...at least this time I can feel that it's for real & I am producing a better thesis! Wish me luck fellow!

No comments:

Post a Comment