Tuesday 14 May 2019

Kota Yogyakarta

The trip was 2 years ago but I haven't got the time to write anything on it. I know many has went to Yogya and I think the places we went will not be any different than the places that others went to. Since this is my first trip to Yogya, I thought that I will go to the tourist attraction that is considered as a 'must' if you go to Yogya. We went to Kraton..


The whole 'clan' is here...my son, friend, nephew & parents.

Then we also covered Prambanan Temple. Unfortunately, the budget is not quite there to include the night Ramayana Show at night. But I'll be back and this time I'll make sure boleh cover tgk the show.

After Kraton, we visit the Taman Sari or Water castle since it's just nearby. But honestly, nothing much and the place look so run down & there's no water in the pond. Luckily the entrance is less than RM5 so it's ok. Janji aku tengok.
 We also managed to go for a jeep ride to the Merapi Mountain, which erupted less than 10 years ago. The jeep ride although quite pricey was worth it. My son really enjoyed it so much and so do I. However my mom was not so happy after the ride as it hurt her back she said. Hahhaha...and she was so scare when we were at the mountain as she afraid that it might erupt anytime while we're there. Our 'supir' told us that his house was one of the houses that got destroyed when Mount Merapi erupted ...rumah nya keberantakkan...I quote...but it's part & puzzle of living here he said.


There we were, at the top of the bunker. It supposed to be a refuge for the villager when the volcano erupt. Unfortunately, some have died while waiting for someone to open the bunker's door.  

And of course, we did visited the majestic Borobudor. The one place that I have always wanted to go ever since I know its existent. I think this is one of the most significant places I visited after Angkor Wat in Cambodia. Not so much of people that day..probably because we visited the place on a weekday.
What make it more special is that I get to visit Borobudor with my son. He was just 2 years old during this trip & he managed to go all the way up to the top of the temple. We been on the road the whole day and never did once he complaint or whining about how tired he was. But that night he did slept early and soundly.

My parents also enjoyed the trip and love the place very much. 
I always wanted for my son to travel and see the world. I am willing to work hard to make sure I can afford to bring him to see places & expose him to people from different cultures and background. I am hoping that he will be able to learn to respect and appreciate the differences in others through all these travelling. 

Personally, I love Yogyakarta and I do hope that I will have the opportunity to go there again and this time, probably visit some of the places that I don't get to see during this trip. I learn to admired the beauty of the Indonesian people and their resilience through time of distraught and how the find the courage to fight back and rebuild their life after a natural disaster. I also found out that sustainability really a practise in Indonesia. As my mom said, if you are not lazy, you will always find a way to live in this land, which I do agree.


 During our visit, Indonesia going to celebrate their independent day and everywhere we go, we saw people putting up string and poles full of small colourful flag. When we asked the 'supir' what is it for and who actually instruct them to put it up? He said..it's just a way for them to celebrate their independent and they put it up because they want to and no one paying them anything for it. Make me think..such spirit has long gone in my own country. Thank you Yogya for the good trip and adventure for us and we will sure to come back.




No comments:

Post a Comment