Tuesday 1 July 2014

Nutella Cheesecake Bar

There's a pack of cream cheese in my fridge and I been thinking what shall I do with it. I was thinking about baking my old time favourite..the red velvet..but I know I can't finish the whole cake. So, while eating my breakfast ...a slice of bread with some spread of nutella..walla...got it. Why not I do ..nutella cheesecake bar!

So, bahan-bahan nyer;

  • 2 cups of Oreo crumbs
  • 1/4 cups of butter, melted
  • 2 pack of cream cheese (approx. 500gm)
  • 2eggs
  • 1/2 cups of sugar
  • 1/4 cup of heavy cream + 1 tbsp of cream
  • 1 vanilla bean pod @ 1 tsp of vanilla extract
  • 1/3 cups of Nutella
Very little ingredient yet have a big effect on the Eater! Hahha..all thanks to Nutella.

OK. First, mix the melted butter with the Oreo crumbs,making sure it stick together. Then press the mixture in a baking tray. Making sure the surface is even before putting it inside the oven. Bake for 180C for 12 minutes.


After 12 minutes, take out the base and cool if off. In a meanwhile, we will prepare the cream cheese and nutella mix. Using a food processor or hand mixer, add the cream cheese, eggs, sugar, 1/4 cups of cream and vanilla pod (vanilla extract). Once it all mix, separate 2/3 cup of the cream mixture ...

...you notice the black dot inside the mixture. It's not dirt ya..hahah..it is because I am using vanilla pod. So, if you use vanilla extract no need to worry, you won't have those black spot. 

Add Nutella to the remaining cream cheese mixture in the mixing bowl and mix well...


Once both mixture is ready, carefully spread the mixture on top of the Oreo crumbs base yang telah sejuk. Start with the cream cheese and finish it with the Nutella mixture. Spread evenly. Then bake the batter for 35 minutes in a 180C temp. The middle part will still jiggle when you take it out but don't worry as it's suppose to be that way.

Then cool off the cheesecake bar in a fridge for 3hrs before you cut it into pieces & eat it! Heheheh...


* My cream cheese layer is not that much here because I reduce the cream cheese mixture. If you follow the recipe on top, yours should be higher than mine. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment