Friday 17 May 2019

Strawberry

I love to eat fresh strawberry...only fresh strawberry..I don't really fancy whatever foods or drinks that is strawberry base. But in Malaysia the strawberry are very expensive particularly, the one that are imported. Yes, we do have our own strawberry plantation but the fruit is quite small compare to the imported one and I found that they are very sour. Little that I know at that time that its the weather & soil that make strawberry either sweet or sour. 

I first bought my strawberry plant more than 3 years ago. I started with just 3 baby strawberry plant. The harvest was not so great during the first year so I thought ok..nevermind.


This is our very own strawberry planter box, which we made from recycle materials from the barn. If you live in the countryside, you need to be handy and creative I guess. We decided that it may need a big planter box like this as the plant will spread all over through the years and what do you know, from 3 strawberry plant now I have more than 30 strawberry plant. Each year it gives me berries more than I can consume, which I made into a jam, berry juice, ice cream or as part of baking ingredients.


The strawberry plant is up and alive now as soon it will flower. 


Tadaaa....now all the plants have flower on it. When it start to flower that is the time that the plant need water the most. I normally water the plant twice a day, morning & evening. Not enough water will make the berry sour. When it started to bear berry, we will cover the whole planter box with netting to avoid other living creature eat it especially the deer as we do have quite a number of deer around here.

I will update you guys once the berry is visible.






No comments:

Post a Comment