Monday 5 October 2015

Fluffy Cinnamon Rolls

I have made this so many time but I always forgot to update the recipe here. Hehheh..so today I told myself..I got to post this recipe or it never will..while the little man fast asleep.:)

Tried many recipe, this is one of my favourite and also hubby favourite. And today, I made it again as per requested. I cut the recipe to half though because there will only be the two of us so 5-6 pieces will be enough. This recipe will yield around 8-10 cinnamon rolls.

Ingredients: 

The dough

1 cup of milk
14gm of dried yeast or 42 gm of fresh yeast (7gm of dried yeast = 21 gm of fresh yeast)
1/2 cups + 1 pinch of granulated sugar
2 sticks (1 stick = 113gm) of butter, softened
1 tsp salt
2 eggs
41/4 cups of flour

The filling

1/2 cup of dark brown sugar
1 tbsp ground cinnamon
Sprinkle of chocolate chip

1. Warm up the milk in a microwave for about 30second. Add the yeast and a pinch of sugar. Stirred until it dissolved and leave for about 5 minutes or until it foamy. 
2. Beat 1 stick of butter with 1/2 cup of granulated sugar and salt. Beat in the eggs one at a time. Then add 2 cup of flour and beat at a slow speed. Beat in the warm milk mixture.
3. Gradually add the remaining flour (21/4 cups) and beat at medium speed until a soft. sticky dough forms. Scrape the dough into a large oiled bowl and cover with plastic wrap. I normally will knead the flour a little bit on a floured kitchen top for about 3-5 minutes. If the dough is too sticky, add dashes of flour until you get the right texture.
4. Leave the dough at least for an hour. The longer the better. Nahh...skrg dah gebuu the dough..heheh



5. After the dough double it size, floured the kitchen top before start rolling it. Roll the dough around the rolling pin into a rectangular shape. I don't measure the exact size ya. Just agak2 la. For me..since I dah buat banyak kali so I guess it goes with the experience.


6. Spread the butter all over the rolled dough. Sprinkle the brown sugar, add the ground cinnamon & chocolate chip. Some prefer to mix the butter and brown sugar first before do the spreading. So lebih kurang cam gmbr kat atas tu la..lps you add the filling. 
7. You can trim the edges to form a perfect rectangle but I won't bother to do it. :) Working from the long side, tightly roll up the dough. Place the dough in a freezer for about 20 minute.
8. Butter the pan. Cut the rolls (about 1 inch thick). Arrange the rolls, cut side up. How you want to arrange it in the pan, is up to you. :) Then cover the rolls with plastic wrap or clean kitchen towel and leave for an hour. It will get a bit puffy.
9. Place it in the preheat oven for about 35 minutes in a 180C temperature. Let it stand for 5minutes to cool off then drizzle the icing sugar (for the glaze I just use icing sugar and add with warm water. I have no measurement, just get the right concentration). 



There you goes...enjoy your cinnamon rolls!




No comments:

Post a Comment