Friday 23 October 2015

Simple chocolate brownies

Here I go again…heheh…a week without baking anything. And today, I find the time to bake since the little one refuse to take some power nap in the morning. Switch on his favourite Upin & Ipin movie and he will stay still from the start to the end of the movie.

Anyway, here is my simple recipe for the brownies;

Ingredients:

10 tbsp of butter or approx. 150gm of butter
11/4 cup of sugar
3/4 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder ( I normally used Dutch- process)
1/4 tsp of salt
1/2 tsp of vanilla extract
2 eggs
1/2 cup of flour
2/3 cup of walnut or pecan (I used hazelnut)

1. Mix the butter, cocoa powder, sugar and salt in a mixing bowl. Prepare a pot of water and heat it up. Place the mixing bowl on top of the pot of simmering water. Stir the mixture until the butter melting. If the butter melt too slow, you can increase the heat. 

2. Once the butter mixture is ready ( I mean dah melted and runny) add in the vanilla extract and egg ( one by one while you beat vigorously each time you add the egg). Add the flour and finally the nuts.

3. For the nuts, I roasted it before pounding it using lesung batu…yess..I have one here. Hehheh..

4. Pour the final batter into a brownies tray and bake for about 20-25 minutes in a 190C temp. Let it cool for about 10 minute then cut it evenly into squares. Sprinkle some icing sugar on top and there you go…the brownies is ready to be serve!




No comments:

Post a Comment