Friday 24 January 2014

Chocolate Muesli Cookie

I love to eat muesli. Sometime, I mix it with yogurt & honey, and that is breakfast; with a cup of coffee of course. But I don't eat it every morning because I just like to change my menu according to my need. So, when I opened the cabinet, there is still a huge bag of muesli left & I told myself, I have to do something with it before the whole thing get expire. Those who know me very well, know that I hate throwing food away. Even of I have to eat it again & again for the whole week!

Well, we don't get to eat so many nice thing when we grow up because not that my parent are rich so we are very careful with food. Some of my friend even called me 'kedekut' because tak nak buang makanan. Hahah...sayang you know. Penat2 you beli..masak..then buang. I rather forget about how boring it is to eat the same food all over again then throwing it away.

So, I decided to bake muesli cookie. This has got to be the easiest cookie of all time. Very simple and fast. All you need is muesli..obviously, sultanas (kismis), flakes almond, flour, butter, honey/maple syrup, egg & chocolate (melted and to be drizzle on top of the cookie).

First, mix the muesli, sultanas and flakes almond. Then pour the flour in the same bowl. 
  Create a well in the muesli mixture to pour the wet ingredients; butter, maple syrup & egg.

When you pour the wet ingredients into the muesli mixture, gaul kan sampai sekata macam kat bawah ni...

Once everything is well mix, use a tablespoon to scope the mixture to get shape yang sama. Letak dalam baking tray yang sudah di letak baking paper.
Then bake for 20 minutes in a 180C. Let it cool off for 5 minutes before you put the chocolate drizzle. Tapi since I am so malas, I just tempek the chocolate on top of the cookies. Hey..it still taste mabeles!! So, enjoy your cookies!

Here's the ingredients;

  • 3 cups of muesli
  • 1 cup of sultanas
  • 1/2 cup of flakes almond
  • 3/4 cup of flour
  • 100gm of butter
  • 1/2 cup of maple syrup
  • 1 egg
  • 1/2 cup of melted chocolate


Happy baking!!

No comments:

Post a Comment