Sunday 19 January 2014

Snow ...ooo...snow..

When middle of December came, there is no snow at all so I thought, yes..this will be a mild winter and I keep telling my friends and family at home that there will be very little of snow this year. Luckily they (my family) came previous year where they really experience white Christmas. We received a lot of rain this year. Almost every day it rains and rains but at least there is not so much of thunderstorm here. Only one time that there is a very strong storm come our way but since we live far from the coast line, the damage is not very obvious. I pity those who stay near the coast line because they really experience lots of damage.

But as I am comfortably think that this spring my flower will be blooming beautifully due to the mild winter, suddenly without warning..there's snow storm!! In just one day, everything is white! The temperature was not so low but the wind factor make it damn cold all the way to the bone! Literally, Denmark mainly consist of a flat land so it received a lot of wind every since there is not much of mountain/hill to become the natural barrier for the wind. And also the main reason why you get to see that there are a lot of windmill here because they generate electricity using wind power. Now, that is sustainable living.

Here some of the picture of the 'aftermath' that I manage to capture for the past few days...when I decide to brace the cold weather and get out from my warm and comfy reclining chair in the living room. Hehhee...

You can still see the bbq place..but today, it is cover with snow..(took this one at 830am today)
Now the bird struggling to find shelter from the wind since the tree is bare.
My front lawn especially in front of the new garage is covered with snow. Luckily we never park the car inside the new garage. We usually used the old one ..
Here's the old one..
And that door at the corner is the entrance to the function room which is not accessible for now so I have to used the back entrance from the barn.
I don't even want to go here because the snow is very deep and it is hard for me to find a balance. Kalau jatuh..sejuk sehhh..
 Ni yang malas nak g buang sampah nii...little of snow is nice but too much make it very difficult to move around.
Nak buat ABC..silerkan..free ice tapi make sure you take the free one. Who know what has 'contaiminated' the snow while you're not seeing. Hehehhe...
 This is near our barn. The wood that we both didn't manage to bring inside the barn for storage because the barn is literally full to the roof with firewood. We're very lucky that we get our firewood for free from a very nice neighbour. I guess this bunch have to wait until spring since now we have more space inside the barn. FYI, in the countryside, we heat our house using firewood to light up the boiler. We do not use gas/electricity. Well, some might want to but not for us. In that way, we have a lot of money from paying all those electric bill especially if the weather is like this when you need a lot of heating. Plus, to heat a huge house this time, require a lot of gas/electricity. So, firewood is fine by me. Well, carrying it from the barn to the boiler room...you can think of it as a kind of exercise. Hehhe..
Definitely can't enter from here. Luckily the barn has several entrance.
Now this is the boiler that I was talking about. See the flame...So, you carry the woods from the barn to here & start the fire. The boiler boleh tahan besar. Kalau nak bakar mayar pun muat. Hehehhe..
 The field is as white as it can be..
 You can't even see the driveway now..
This is just at the back of the barn..
My flower garden..My lily should be here and I hope it will grow beautifully in spring despite this weather. Huhuhu..
One of those rare moment when the field is so white & bare that you can see the house across the main street. Using a zooming lens for this one because the house is not actually near.

 Actually I like to take picture of the bare tree during winter because it is so scenic & pretty.
Cantik bah this tree..hehe
Since weather is cold, apa lagi..I duduk dgn my blanket & layan tv! Hehhehe..with a hot mug of coffee and snack obviously. Kalau ader kerepek syiok ni..huhuh

No comments:

Post a Comment