Thursday 12 November 2015

Sweet potato pancake

I bought some sweet potatoes from the supermarket few weeks ago. Damn..that was an expensive buying. It cost me RM10 for a piece...a piece! If it was in Malaysia, sorry la aku mau nangga..dek2 gik mau beli. But since diri ku ini perantau..beli jak laa..nama dah teringin. 

So I boiled the sweet potato. Then it cross my mind to introduce sweet potato to my son. I wanted my son to be 'universal' like me. Hhehe..so later on, he won't be asking for pasta when we're in the longhouse! Hahahha...

Fikir punya fikir..finally, I decided to do him some pancake for his breakfast. So here's the recepi. You need,

- 2 tbsp of butter, melted
- 1/2 cup of cooked sweet potatoes, mashed
- 1 egg 
- 1/3 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp of baking powder
- 1/4 cup of milk ( you can add more if the batter is too concentrate)

1. Mix the sweet potatoes in a mixing bowl with egg. Stir in flour and add the baking powder.

2. Add the milk, up to 1/3 cup of milk while stirring. Stir in 1 tbsp butter.

3. The batter should be thick and lumpy. Not too runny.

4. Place a non-stick pan on medium heat and add 1/2 tbsp butter. Spoon batter into the pan and cook until bubbles rise to the surface of the pancakes and break. Approx. 1 to 2 min. 


This batter produced 6-7 small pancakes. If you want to make bigger size pancake..probably you need to double or even triple the portion. :)

My son enjoy it very much and so do I! Hahhah...


No comments:

Post a Comment