Wednesday 4 November 2015

Sweetened Red Bean Paste

I was chatting with a friend the other day and she told me she is baking buttermilk bun. Gosh..how I love buttermilk bun but unfortunately, I can't get it here. Heck..I can't even get it in KL as Kuching is the only place is selling that bun. Each time I go back home, I am sure to get few pack of those buttermilk bun and Taka is my favourite place to get it. :)

Since I can't make buttermilk bun, I thought I might as well bake red bean bun, which is also one of my favourite bun. At least this one, I can bake but I need to make the red bean paste first. Lucky for me, I have a pack of red bean in my cabinet. So, project bermula...hehehe..

You need;

- 1 cup of red bean
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- 11/2 tsp of vege oil

Yes. That's all you need. This portion will produce yield 11/2 cup of red bean paste.

1. First you need to soak the red bean in cold water and leave it over night.

2. The next morning, you drain the water and placed it in a pot @ saucepan, and at 3 cups of cold water. Heat the bean under medium heat and let it simmer for 1 hour or until the bean is soft. Make sure the water does not dry up so you need to monitor it.

3. Drain and discard the water. Placed the bean in a food processor ( if you have one) or blender will do. I use blender as I don't have food processor. Add the brown sugar and blend.

4. In a saucepan, add the vege oil and heat the pan. Add the bean paste and stir for 5 minutes or until the paste dry. Let it cool then store it in a container. You can store it for a week.

There you go. I didn't expect it was that easy to make red bean paste. Hheeh...so tomorrow, I will make my red bean bun! Yummy...


No comments:

Post a Comment