Sunday 15 November 2015

Steam Chocolate Cake

Well, the pie didn't last that long. It took us just two days to finish it off. :)

So, I was thinking....chocolate cake! Hehehe...but I want to bake a steam chocolate cake. It will be one damn moist cake. Plus..who don't love chocolate cake huh? It has been a while since I do one so here goes.

Mixture A;

- 1 cup of brown sugar
- 1 cup of cocoa powder
- 1 cup of vegetable oil
- 1 cup of hot water
- 1 cup of condensed milk
- 1/2 cup of milo ( Thank God I brought a HUGE pack of milo from KL when I came here)
- 1 tsp of coffee
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract

Mixture B;

- 2 cup of flour
- 1 tsp of bicarbonate soda
- 1 tsp of baking powder

1. Mix all the wet ingredients (A) in a mixing bowl. And the dry ingredients (B) in a different mixing bowl. 

2. Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix well. 

3. Pour the batter in a cake pan & steam for 1 hr. 

How simple is that! The cake is not sweet, believe me on that. It has this bitter chocolaty taste, which I love very much. If you want to add a little bit of sweetness..add some topping. If you prefer not to..well, the choice is yours. 

My topping is very simple. I just heat some cream on a pan over a medium heat. Once it simmer, add the cream to a bowl of chocolate chips or button. Mix well until all the chocolate melted. Cool it off for 5-10minutes. Then pour it on top of the cake. Finish it off with some cake sprinkle.



Look at that chocolate flow...:)


Enjoy the cake!




No comments:

Post a Comment