Saturday 28 December 2013

A little of RESPECT is all I need

In life you will bound to meet up with people who openly, whether consciously or unconsciously, say things that are contradict to what they mentioned earlier. And I so happen to met this 'person' yesterday. 

You see, we were having this lunch & dinner session and they started to have some drinks..(when I mentioned drinks that will be referring to the alcohol). That was not our first meeting but we met previously, several of time in fact. And each time, I never failed to mention that I do not drink...not anymore...for a very long time. I am no saint but when I made a stand on something, I stick through it regardless what. And again..and again..this person never fail to persuade me to have a sip..ahh..it's Christmas anyway..(as if it is a good enough reason to drink).

Don't get me wrong ya...just because I do not drink anymore, I do not push my opinion on alcohol and drinking habit on others because I totally believe in individualism. I have stop to take alcohol because of personal reason that is very painful to share with just anyone. But regardless the reason, I believe I have the right to practice what I think is the right decision for me. And for someone who claim to be my friend & even have the nerve to say that he/she respect our friendship..that is very absurd!

When I know my friend do not drink, I won't even think of offering them, what more to force them to drink. That is RESPECT! That is very PLAIN, SIMPLE AND DIRECT! Is that so difficult to understand???? Some people including that person should learn the basic meaning of RESPECT before he/she can claim to be my friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment