Monday 30 December 2013

2013 Finale

Tomorrow is new year eve so I guess this is the right time for everyone including me to recap and do a little bit of reflection on how this whole year has been. I believe it has been an exciting year for all of us although there might be some bump here & there.

It has been a bitter sweet year for me. A few milestone has been achieved and that indeed is a joyous occasion for me personally. One of the milestone is to finally received my PhD after been struggling with it for 3.5 years. Only God knows what shit I have to go through to get it. But ironically, the shit has nothing to do with the study/research but more to dealing with unstable human character, which unfortunately has a huge impact on the whole process. But I want to put that behind me now.  Finally on 2nd of July, after 45 minutes of presentation, the university declared that I have fulfilled the requirements and I have passed! Halleluyah! The 3.5 years of research and hardship only took 45 minutes to wrap it all up & I reached my target of wanting to be Dr. Angelina before I am 35 years old.

Another achievement is that I finally get to go to Laos! I have been reading & watching documentary on Laos and I have been wanting to go there ever since. So, the day after I passed my exam, me & my buddy packed our bag & off we go..to Laos! It just feel so surreal when we finally landed in Vientiane. We been planning for one whole year for the trip and we gone through so many obstacles before we finally arrived. We were there for 5 nights (a long unplanned stay) and we enjoyed every single day of it. Vietiane is a small city but with an amazing characters. It is both work & pleasure for both of us & I always enjoy our trip together.

This year also marked a very important event with our new purchase..no need to mention here. But it is indeed an important one because that will be for our future and retirement plan in my beloved hometown, which my better half learn to love. Starting next month, there will be a slow yet moving progress plan for it. Well, we have to slowly and carefully plan the build up as it has to be as close to PERFECTION as possible.

Last but not least, this year also marked an important date, which is my migration to the land of the viking. We have been married for almost 7 years but this move will be the first time in all those years of marriage that we will live together under the same roof. It is a very daunting experience for me, having to start all over again at this age, in a new country. The place might not be a total foreign for me but coming here for vacation and having to live & work here, is two total different scenario. But I will persevere and take this as another challenge in my adult life and with my headhunter spirit & determination, I believe I will make it work here...probably I will make it BIG here...I guess we will never know yeah. 

There you are, things that happen in 2013. I am so eager to see what 2014 will bring into my life especially, it will be the year of the HORSE. I am praying for continuing peace and harmony in my mother land, and probably a year full of good transformation for the nation. I am also praying for success coming my way this 2014, be it in my career or personal life. I am praying for strength, determination, strong will & perseverance to overcome challenges ahead for 2014. 

Okie dokie..it's time for me to prepare the menu for tomorrow feast...


No comments:

Post a Comment