Saturday 21 December 2013

Christmas Sugar Cookie

Yes...I will update again yet another cookie. Hehe...since ada free time ni so better I update. Every year I will bake sugar cookie for Christmas (bila I kat sini la) because hubby like it very much. Ingat tak nak buat this year tapi dah dia request so I pun buat la. Tapi this year I berazam nak deco lebih cantik and detail.

As usual, you need butter, sugar & egg (but you only need the yolk). Mix it together in a bowl..
Then you add cream cheese. Yes...you heard me right. CREAM CHEESE! I came across one recipe that use it so I thought, why not. This is a different twist from the normal sugar cookie I ever made. Curious pulak nak tau cam maner rasa nyer so I add la cream cheese. Hehhehe..and don't forget the vanilla essence ya..
In another bowl, mix flour, baking soda, salt and ground nutmeg.
 Mix both contents of the bowl together and mix until it form a dough yang x sticky. Then wrap the dough using a string wrap and masuk dlm fridge for few hrs or until dough is easy to work with.
Then rolled the dough to approx 1/8 inc thickness or if you are like me..rolled smp you rasa cukup tebal..hahaha..then cut using shape cutter. I always ader pelbagai cookie cutter & Xmas shape harus ada! Heehhe...Lepas tu bake for 8-10minutes in a 175C temp. Jangan over 10minutes pasal cookie anda nescaya hangus!! Hahha...coz sugar cookie ni very delicate. Cool of the cookie then you can start being CREATIVE!!

 Tadaa...ni jer hasil nyer. I memang x nak buat banyak because nak buat the cookie x susah. Bila part nak deco tu yang take soooo long time.
 Since I am a baker, I always ada stock food coloring & any kind of multi-color decors in my pantry. Sangat berguna di saat memerlukan seperti masa ini. Hehhee..
Sayang nak makan as what my fellow friends mentioned tapi kena makan juga akhirnya. Heehhe..Nak cuba, ok..ni recipe nyer..

  • 1 cup butter
  • 1 pack of cream cheese (ard 200-250gm la tu kan)
  • 1 cup of sugar
  • 1 egg yolk
  • 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract
  • 21/2 cups of flour
  • 1/2 tsp of salt
  • 1/4 tsp of baking soda
  • 1/8 tsp of ground nutmeg
As for the frosting, I use icing sugar, some food coloring & multi color sugar decors. This recipe suppose to yield around 48 pieces of cookie but if your cookie cutter is big like mine, maybe you get half of it.

Merry Christmas & Happy Baking..

No comments:

Post a Comment