Monday 2 December 2013

Life in the country side

I was born and breed in the city. Never once in my life that I ever lived in a kampung tapi small town yes. As my dad move around very frequently when we were young, so we do get to live in a small town like Kapit, Sibu (that time it used to be small ok. Now dah jadi bandar besar dah), Lubok Antu and Betong (ok ...frankly, the last two place I was not born yet..heheh). So basically, I spend almost my whole life living in Kuching. And because my dad travel a lot and moving a lot too, we seldom get to go back to kampung, both to Serian (where my mum is from) and Saratok (my dad's hometown). Each time kena balik sana, I mula la nak memberontak sakan pasal x biasa balik kampung. So, senang kira, I bukan jenis suka balik kampung.

So, can you imagine me living in a Danish countryside???? Well, dulu berangan kalau kawin, nak duduk umah kat bandar jer skali dapat mat salleh yang asal dari 'kampung'. Haa...ambik kau! Before I came to his hometown, I am clueless and cannot imagine macam maner la rupa area, which will become my future home. So, when I arrived here for the first time in 2006, OMG!!! How am I to live here??? What am I suppose to do here?? Waduh2x...bagaimana ini. God only know what going through in my head during the whole stay. Hahaha.....Praying...wondering..asking..questioning...smua ada..

But after sometime, I calm down & start to tell myself, everything is going to be alright. I will be OK! So, now 7 years later I am finally here...for GOOD. But with my continuous visit here for all those years, teach me how to love the countryside. Now let see...
 There is a damn huge house to take care off. Being a cleanaholic, I always want my house to be very spotless and impeccably clean so house this size take me almost whole day to do just that.
 Then, there is the lawn to maintain..
This is how it look like when we first stay here after a few years of renting it out.
 Now, it's a bbq area after we personally carry and arrange this river stone menjadi benteng...berat tau nak angkat all this batu. Bermuscle2 gituew lengan I..heheh..

 See the hygrandea and the smooth lawn...tu maintenance work tu..another activity you can do here..

Taking care of my flower and garden also salah satu kerja yang boleh you buat when you live in the countryside...
 And of course, renovation work. Most of the people who stay in the countryside ...well at least here, do their own renovation. It's all DIY..one here..

One there...
And not forgetting my major 'laboratory' where your truly the domestic goddess work. This is where the magic begin, which satisfied every 'customer' that stop by. Hehhehe...and growing up always eating homemade dish, I tend to prefer making homemade food as well. Plus hubby also prefer to have homemade foods/bread/cake so I be the dotting wife and cook/bake whatever he want to eat.
And do you see that driveway...yes..that also need to be well maintain...and it is almost 1km from our main door to the main road and allllll that need to be kept well so you won't have to drive through bushes/forest in order to get to the house. 

There you see, there are plenty of work to do. Thank God that we do not have any animal to keep because I for sure won't want to take care of that. Now my hand is already full and soon, I will be back to the work force. Therefore, I am afraid that the animal will all die on me but I do want to have some dogs though, that will keep me company if hubby is out for travelling. For those who think my life here is boring just because I do not work (..yet)..or no children...think again..because I believe, wherever you are, BORING will always follow you. It is up to you to create something out of nothing and make your life full of COLOR and be INTERESTING!

No comments:

Post a Comment