Monday 23 December 2013

Finally..I did it. My very own creme brulee

I bought a set of ramekin together with the hand burner somewhere this year (I do have problem remembering what I have in the kitchen, which sometimes give hubby an impression that I have too much stuff!). When I bought the set, of course I was thinking of making my very own creme brulee. First time I ate this dessert was years..and I mean years back, and I fall in love with it. Those were the day when I treat my house like a hotel and when clubbing is the only exercise I like to do. :)

So, months after I bought the set, there is still no creme brulee. Hahah.. so yesterday, I open up my fridge and scrutinized what have I got in there..hmm...there's egg, cream..then obviously I have vanilla pod & very fine sugar. YES! I am making creme brulee. Actually it is a very simple recipe because you only need heavy cream, fine sugar, vanilla pod and egg yolks. 

First thing you do is to pour the heavy cream into a pan or a sauce pot and heated it up over a small fire. Then add up one vanilla pod (split the vanilla pod into two then scrap the vanilla bean from top to bottom using a small knife, then just mix the vanilla bean with the cream)...For those who do not have vanilla pod, I guess you can use vanilla extract yang you can get kat kedai tu..hehehe
Remove the vanilla cream mixture from the heat as soon as it start simmering...NOT BOILING! While you heated the cream just now, placed the egg yolks in a bowl..
Add the sugar and mix it bebehh...
 Until the mixture look pale..
Lepas tu put the mixture aside while you stir the cream that you tengah heated tadi..
Remove from the heat and strain the cream using a very fine strainer so that the vanilla bean tak masuk dalam your creme brulee. Nanti nampak pulak tompok2 hitam bean tu (part ni I tak dapat nak ambik picture because my in law tetiba pulak muncul, nak hantar itik. So, I tak nak la ambik gambar nanti dia org ingat I ni dah tak betul pulak....hahaha)

Anyway, slowly pour the warm cream mixture into the egg mixture and mix it together. First you add a small amount of cream..slow2 la kan. Jangan main letak smua ...because the egg mixture tu sejuk, the cream mixture tu panas...so kena slowly seimbangkan suhu campuran tersebut. Bila dah add a few warm cream, bila egg mixture dah warm up, baru boleh pour all the cream mixture. When you keep on stirring it/mixing both the mixture, you can see a little bit of foams. So using a spoon, scoop the foam as much you can.

I have my ramekin set ready on the tray..
 Using a measuring cup I pour the custard mixture into the ramekins...before you place it inside the oven, fill the tray with water at least sampai 3/4 of the ramekin. Make sure no water going inside the custard mixture yeah...
30 minutes inside a 175C temperature...my creme brulee is READY! HAAH...ada extra ramekin kat situ pasal sayang nak buang the remaining custard mixture tu..
Let it cool down for 1-2hrs tapi kalau nak tunggu 30min pun ok jer. But I placed mine inside the fridge overnight because I just realized my hand burner has no gas!!! Dang....But today, got the burner fill with gas & yess...finally I get to enjoy my very own creme brulee...
Love it...love it...love it...yummiess!!

Ingredients:
  • 2 cups of heavy cream
  • 5 egg yolks
  • 1/2 cup of fine sugar
  • 1 vanilla pod (1tsp of vanilla extract)
  • few tbsp of fine sugar for the finishing touch..:))


ENJOY YOUR CREME BRULEE PEEPS!!

No comments:

Post a Comment