Tuesday 10 December 2013

Strawberry Cupcake With Chocolate Ganache

I was thinking what else shall I bake for the tea/coffee party so I explore my refrigerator and see what else can I use. As I open the freezer, there it is...looking straight at me..frozen strawberry! Been having this in the freezer for quite a while so I thought, why not just finish it off so I can put something else in the freezer. So fikir pun fikir apa nak bake, akhirnya, sampai tu this conclusion...Strawberry Cupcake with Chocolate Ganache, since smua bahan dah ada kan.

What we need ya..hmm...of course strawberry ( actually kalau guna yang fresh better but I just want to finish off my frozen one)..heheh..then as usual the dry ingredient...
 Consist of flour, salt and baking powder. Then you need sugar..again, I used 70% of brown sugar & 30% of white sugar. No ready to mix it but simply because you can. :)
 Then you add the butter into the bowl with sugar and mix it well.
Then add egg. And finish off with alternating the milk & flour into the mixture by ending it with the flour. Lepas tu baru masukkan the strawberry..
Using a spatula, you pour the strawberry inside the cake batter. You need to slice the strawberry before pouring it into the cake batter but since my frozen one is already soft..so I just penyekkan dengan garpu. Hehheh..
Ni la hasil nya and pour 3/4 mixture into the cupcake cup..
Place inside the oven with 175C temperature for 20-25 minute. Nak tau bila cupcake masak? Simple jer...cucuk dgn toothpick kat tengah2 cupcake tu. Bila xder benda melekat kat toothpick tu, makner nyer dah masak! Cook it off before letak the chocolate ganache. 

As for the ganache, you only need baking chocolate or eating chocolate pun boleh if baking chocolate xder stok kat umah. Tapi guna dark chocolate coz milk chocolate too sweet. X sesuai gituew...

 Then chopped the chocolate bar into pieces and melted it over a low heat. When it started to melt, slowly pour the cream. Once everything is mix together, remove the chocolate ganache from the heat and let it cool down for 10-30minute. Lepas tu boleh la digunakan ...
 Macam yang di bawah ini..selesai sudah our baking..ehheh
Ingredients (making 12 pieces of cupcake):
  • 1 cup of flour
  • 11/2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 5 tbsp butter (around 100-110gm)
  • 1/2 cup of sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1/2 cup of milk
  • 1/4 cup of frozen/fresh strawberry (roughly chopped)
For the ganache:
  • 3/4 cup of chopped dark baking chocolate
  • 1/4 cup of heavy cream
That is it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment