Tuesday 3 December 2013

It's Christmas again...soon..

It is the time of the year again when we will celebrate Christmas. My favorite time of the year although hubby does not share the same feeling but who care...I love CHRISTMAS! I love the rush before Christmas where people going around buying gift and the rush at home to decide which cake & cookie to bake, and as it come nearest to Christmas, the rush to get the house clean, setting up the Xmas tree, foods/drinks are ready to be serve for visitor. This is what I will miss the most whenever it is time for Christmas.

And this year it is not an exception because I will be in Denmark for Xmas and here they do it a little different. Besides the rush to buy all sort of gift, the rest is pretty quiet here. My first time celebrating Christmas here is a bittersweet event. Well, of course I am happy because I get to celebrate it with my husband to be (we were not yet married at that time) and his family, and of course experience my first heavy snow (my first time seeing snow is back in the UK). But the liveliness tu kurang. Here, the Danes celebrate xmas is a 'closed' manner. It's a gathering with family only and time to eat & drink. Unlike back home, it's time for open houses and visiting!!!

I remember when I was younger, my neighbor will play their xmas song out loud, enough for the whole neighborhood to listen. While we bake our goodies and do the house cleaning, we at least have a free entertainment which we enjoy very much. On the eve of Xmas, we all go to church and only back at midnight. My hubby experience that for the first time in 2008 and he said, that is the longest church service he ever been to in his whole life! Hahah...it was not until I went to their church service that I know why. It was not even for 30 minutes!! Like the Malay say..duduk pun kerusi tak sempat panas dah nak balik. Hhahah...I was speechless..

So, this year it will be only me, hubby and both my in law. We will have Christmas Eve dinner at our home this year and we will just sit & eat & talk. And of course, unwrapping the gift (that remind me that I haven't got any gift yet for my in law!!!). Honestly, this is the part that I hate because we do it every year so after few years, you end up not knowing what to buy. But tradition has to go on I guess. I will surely miss everything & everyone back at home during this special season but as a traveler, I guess I get used to it after a while. This is not the first time I will be away for Christmas to say so but nevertheless, I will always miss being at home for Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment